People in the North Coast Primary Health Network catchment can be referred to Connect to Wellbeing. Talk to a health professional if you would like to be referred.
How to refer
Follow the steps below to make a referral to Connect to Wellbeing.
1. Download the referral form
Refer to Mental Health Integrated Complex Care (MHICC)
Available only in the Cairns area
2. Complete the referral form
3. Send the referral form
- By fax to 02 8212 8936
- By email to connecttowellbeingNC@neaminational.org.au
For help or more information call us on 1300 160 339
Understanding the referral process
- When a referral comes to Connect to Wellbeing, our intake staff will validate the referral ensuring eligibility criteria are met.
- Intake staff will process the referral and if required request a clinician to review it and undertake an assessment prior to sending to a health professional.
- A Connect to Wellbeing clinician may then contact the individual to determine their needs, as well as relevant and available support services.
- Once the referral has been processed and sent to a health professional, the person being referred will be contacted within 5 working days and an initial appointment will be offered within 14 days.
- For referrals to Healthy Minds Suicide Prevention Services, the person will be contacted by the health professional within 2 working days and offered an appointment within 7 days or as agreed.